Sunday, April 5, 2015

Faith in Every Footstep

Levi and I have had many adventures these past few weeks! Levi and his sweet cousin Olive were blessed on the same day. That was such a sweet experience to share with my sister Autumn and her awesome husband Jeff! Logan (Dallin's brother) blessed my little Levi and I truly couldn't have asked for anything better! What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful family and friends that supported me so wonderfully that day. I have been so blessed countless times. 
The other day I was cleaning my apartment and  I found a small pile of the "#hopeforhunt" bracelets. As I looked at them I thought hmmm that is for me now I guess. I need the hope and I am hopeful! Often I go to the temple at night and walk around. It has become my favorite place to be!! I find such peace and I realized I can feel sad there but, still feel good about it because my mind is on the eternal perspective. One night the temple seemed to be shinning extra brilliantly so I took a picture. As I looked at the picture and back up at the temple the night was so dark and then I realized...There will always be darkness but, that is what makes the light shine so brilliantly! Light always overcomes darkness! I will always overcome Satan. I will live my life and take care of Levi. I will always win against Satan I have the light of Christ. He will help me be so strong and we will find joy because that is what Dallin, Jesus and our Heavenly Father wants for us. 



So I realized tonight while talking to good friend that other people also have no idea where their lives are going! I am not alone! This is great because I was looking through an old note book of mine with all of our wedding plans and I came across a journal entry that I would like to share.  Now remember I wrote this on 3-25-2012 and I believe it is the perfect advice for me right now! By writing down my thoughts and feelings 3 years ago I am helping myself today.

So today I am at church. I just had a really good experience that I want to remember. I have missed church the past two weeks. First off, that is never happening again! I don't care what the circumstance is...Carissa get your butt up and go to church. Dallin and I are sitting in sacrament. I can feel that it was missing the past two weeks. I love being at church and feeling the wonderful spirit and feeling the spirit that resides here. As I took the sacrament I could feel the love of my wonderful Savior and Heavenly Father. I know they love me & want me to be happy. They are on my team, cheering me on always. No matter what my Heavenly Father loves ME & always wants me to turn to him no matter what I have done, no matter how I feel. That evil one Satan wants the worst for me. All bad feelings come from Satan. Fear is not faith. There is no fear with God. All will be fantastic and my puzzle will one day be complete with the love and hand of the Lord helping us. I said a prayer during the sacrament & felt great peace and comfort as I asked for forgiveness & strength for the new upcoming week. I felt and continue to feel his love. I want to say a prayer like that every Sunday as I take the wonderful sacrament. It was a great feeling that I always want. Best part is I can have that feeling at all times and in all things and in all places!! 

In a journal entry of Dallin's he wrote "She is so caring, faithful and brave." This sentence means a lot to me because I want to always live up to the way my sweet Dallin saw me. I will be my best self. 


1 comment:

  1. I love your commitment to be your best self! That is the way I have tried to live my life, even when it meant getting braces (I wanted to be the best I could for my future family). We love you!

    ReplyDelete