Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Family Is Forever

I have not blogged in a very long time and I have started this post many times. I would like to share experiences and moments from my life with anyone that would like to hear about it. I believe that I have had these experiences and I need to share them. I need people to hear what I have to say because maybe I can help them through a hard time in their life. Maybe I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands. 

The past year has been a life changing one. Dallin and I were moving forward with our lives and so excited for all that was coming our way!(Baby Levi) In November of 2014 my whole world changed. Dallin suffered a traumatic brain injury causing him to pass away. Even as I type those words it is still hard to understand that it is a reality. I would like to share with you an impression I had the day I learned of Britton Ship and his family. He is a young man that also suffered a brain injury and was in a coma like Dallin. When I was told Britton's story and learned the similarities of our circumstances I was saddened and my heart broke. Now my heart broke because in that moment, that very brief yet oh so powerful moment I knew Britton would be the one coming back to us and I would have to say goodbye to my dear sweet husband. As quickly as I had this thought I pushed it from my mind because I wanted both of us to have the grand success story. I thought having that thought meant I was lacking faith in the Lord's ability to heal our loved ones. As most are very aware our journey in the ICU ended after 13 days. Over that time the Lord worked with me and helped me understand what I now know from the deepest part of my heart, Dallin was not meant to be here any longer. I truly appreciate all of Britton's success. I remember how exciting it felt just to see Dallin move his toes. I have witnessed many tender mercies and our dear Heavenly Father has truly been by my side. 
Dallin was riding his horse working the cows right along side his dad and this was truly what he loved to do. My dear sweet husband lived a full and honest life!! He cared for others and shared his testimony often with those around him. He made me a better person every single day. I love Dallin James Hunt with all of my heart and I know that he loves me! I love that feeling, knowing that you are so very loved is the best thing EVER! :) People tell me that I am so strong for going through this trial but, I need everyone to know that it is truly my Heavenly Father that has given me strength. The trick is to have an open mind and heart to receive the comfort and guidance from Him that I count on everyday. Truth is I believe my Heavenly Father has been with me 100% because I have asked him to be with me and help me. There are experiences I have had that at the time I may not have known but, Heavenly Father was preparing me for this trial. In my heart I know that Dallin and I were meant to be together. We share a love that is unmatched and guess what, we are sealed for time and all eternity. I get to be with him forever!! How exciting and wonderful that is to me! I will live a full and happy life here on earth and at the end I will be greeted by my one true love! Baby Levi and I are doing good! Everyday presents a new challenge to face and overcome yet everyday something occurs to help build my confidence and strength back so I can over come those challenges. I guess I felt I need to share this with you so you know the Lord hears and answers our prayers. Some answers are not always what we want or expect but, he ALWAYS gives an answer. I have personally learned this lesson and guess what, with the Lord on our side we can truly conquer all things!! 

1 comment:

  1. Carissa,

    Thank you for sharing your sweet testimony with us. We love you and Levi so much! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

    Ray & Lisa

    ReplyDelete